Talent Management Coordinator
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. Now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
Employee Services provides strategic leadership in the areas of Human Resources, Total Compensation and Organizational Development. At the fundamental core of SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education are people – SAIT employees transforming the lives of SAIT students. Like the SAIT campus, Employee Services is undergoing significant business transformation. We value innovation, teamwork, a strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
Reporting to the Team Lead of Talent Management, you will perform a range of professional duties in support of SAIT’s talent management strategy with a focus on managing a range of learning and development programs. Additional focus areas include coordination of leadership development programs and resources, annual employee engagement survey, performance management processes and SAIT’s Learning Management System (LMS). You will have strong customer service skills, knowledge of adult learning concepts, experience administering programs within a LMS and have a keen attention to detail.
- Manage LMS content, including program descriptions, resource materials, registrations and evaluations
- Act as a key contact for external training and organizational consultants
- Provide logistical support to training events
- Conduct research on new employee development programs
- Provide a central coordinating role to annual performance management processes
- Manage the Professional Credential Enhancement (PCE) Program
- Provide the Employee Services contact point for SAIT’s Free Seat program
- Help advance team and departmental objectives by acting as a conduit of information and fostering professional relationships within the department and across SAIT
- Continually review documentation and resource materials
- Prepare communications materials (e.g. reports, presentations, brochures)
- Ensure stakeholders are informed on the status of queries, issues, and concerns.
- Participate in change management process and activities
- Participate in implementation and communication of project outcomes and subsequent process changes
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business, Human Resource Management, Social Science, or a related field
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant work experience ideally with a concentration on training program delivery/talent management
- Working experience with an LMS system an asset
- CPHR is considered an asset
- High attention to detail and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service-oriented
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to problem solve and follow-through on issues to resolution.
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Display excellent judgment and discretion
- Strong analytical skills.
- Intermediate level proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
Why Work at SAIT:
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Please continue with the online application process through the SAIT careers website. Online applications are strongly preferred.
Closing Date & Time: open until suitable candidate is found
If you have any questions about the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not apply to this email address; all applications should be made through our online system.
- SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education