Manager, Talent Acquisition and Human Resources
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. Now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
Employee Services provides strategic leadership in the areas of human resources, talent management, organizational development and total compensation. Being part of the Employee Services team means having an impact and doing something meaningful. Employee Services is undergoing significant business transformation, which is altering the way we deliver solutions and services to meet the evolving needs of a growing organization.
As the Manager, you will provide value-added human resources services that support the strategic direction of the organization and will assist in positioning SAIT as an employer of choice. Aligning with SAIT’s strategic business objectives, you will lead a team of Talent Acquisition Specialists and HR Advisors to advise, develop and deliver people strategies and projects using a multi-disciplinary approach.
Through the lens of talent management, you will partner with client groups to implement and promote initiatives related to strategic workforce planning, employee recruitment and retention, organizational learning and development, organizational effectiveness, employee and labour relations, performance management and employee wellbeing. This is your opportunity to be a part of culture-shifting initiatives that positively influence the organization and build a foundation for employees, managers and leaders. As a key member of the Employee Services management team, you will contribute to department planning, budgeting and working collaboratively to promote cross-functional awareness and understanding.
- Lead and support the HRA and TAS teams in providing exceptional service and building a high performance culture that inspires quality and continuous process improvement.
- Support the team in partnering with clients to achieve business objectives by identifying human resources and organizational development opportunities.
- Lead strategic recruitment service, including developing talent acquisition and recruitment plans to attract the very best talent to SAIT.
- Enhance organizational performance through a focus on organizational development including organizational design, engagement, leadership effectiveness and overall culture building.
- Help clients foster a culture of engagement and create an environment where every employee contributes to SAIT’s strategic plan.
- Ensure talent management drives the achievement of business goals through performance objective and development planning, performance calibration and talent development.
- Deliver leading edge talent management that includes succession planning, talent assessment and development, performance management and recognition. This includes responsibility for the design of the associated methodologies, processes and systems to support the deployment of these foundations and their continuous improvement based on best practices and operational feedback.
- Partner with leaders in shifting culture, driving change, enhancing organizational effectiveness and developing change management capability.
- Assist leaders and employees by resolving employee and labour relations concerns related to conflict resolution, performance management and grievance processes.
- Provide leadership and training to client groups for all Employee Services programs and initiatives.
- Participate in the development, maintenance and utilization of job evaluation systems.
- Continue to develop professionally and remain current in HR trends, legislation and best practices to ensure delivery of exceptional advice and counsel to clients and continued support of the evolution of Employee Services programs and services.
- Effectively build and lead a team of professionals, fostering an environment that encourages employee engagement and motivates team members to achieve excellence.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, industrial relations or related field required. Masters degree considered an asset.
- Minimum seven years HR Business Partner experience with a minimum of three years supervisory experience.
- A Chartered Professional in Human Resources designation (CPHR) completed or in progress is preferred.
- Strong leadership skills focused on results and teamwork, with a client service orientation.
- Experience in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Experience with high volume recruitment an asset.
Skills and Experience:
- Coaches others by providing feedback and expressing positive expectations for future performance and development.
- Must possess extensive knowledge in human resources and talent management best practices, including labour and employee relations.
- Demonstrated leadership in project and change management.
- Experience implementing HR programs in a complex organizational environment.
- Proven ability to coach, partner, and influence leaders and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective interpersonal relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Possesses superior communication skills both written and verbal, as well as strong facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, establish alternatives, and determine the optimal course of action in the context of broader business strategies and objectives.
- Excellent decision-making ability with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently when necessary but also able to work collaboratively within the team.
Why Work at SAIT:
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Please continue with the online application process through the SAIT careers website or Workopolis.com. Online applications are strongly preferred.
Closing Date & Time: Open until incumbent found.
If you have any questions about the role please contact email@example.com. Please do not apply to this email address; all applications should be made through our online system.
- SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education.