Academic Chair, Digital and Print Technologies
School of Information and Communications Technologies
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. Now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
The School of Information and Communications Technologies at SAIT offers an exciting and diverse range of programs in information, media and engineering technologies. From broadcast and print journalism to web development and beyond, our career programs position graduates for success by providing learning experiences that are relevant, skills-oriented, and applied in the real world.
We are currently recruiting for an Academic Chair, Digital and Print Technologies (New Media Production and Design (NMPD) and Graphic Communications and Print Technology (GCPT) Programs) to report to the Associate Dean of the School of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT). You are a collaborative leader, passionate about faculty, staff and student success. Additionally, you will provide strong leadership and coordination to develop relevant programming, develop strong industry contacts and develop strategies to increase student retention.
- Provide strong technical and academic leadership for the programs.
- Coach and support new and existing instructors with course preparation
- Review the model of delivery, entrance requirements, course content, textbooks and laboratory equipment for programs.
- Ensure that teaching excellence is regularly supported, monitored and measured
- Ensure that instructors are recognized for superior teaching and that instructors who need support are provided with that support within available resources.
- Coordinate curriculum excellence by working with the department curriculum coordinate and collaborating with the Centre of Instructional Technology and Development (CITD).
- Lead the program through Advisory Committee meetings and program reviews.
- Guide the program through accreditation/recognition, and quality reviews.
- Coordinate learner services as required.
- Develop and implement appropriate recruitment activities for the relevant programs in conjunction with departmental Marketing Coordinators and the Office of the Registrar.
- Manage Employee Recruitment, Hiring and Retention.
- Develop and implement strategies for Employee Engagement.
- Monitor expenses against budget and take appropriate action to maintain program costs within budget.
- Developing relationships with industry.
- Relevant undergraduate degree or a media diploma. Preference may be given to a graduate degree
- Minimum of five years’ of relevant industry experience combined with a minimum of three years’ experience in a management role with proven leadership ability is essential. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience with curriculum development and delivery.
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience in teaching or curriculum design at a post-secondary level.
- A demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective and engaging relationships with students, faculty, academic chairs, support staff, senior executives and industry representatives.
- Excellent communications, project management and customer relations skills, able to work independently and in a team environment.
- We require someone with excellent communications and project management skills who is able to work independently and in a team environment.
Why Work at SAIT:
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Please continue with the online application process through the SAIT careers website or Workopolis.com. Online applications are strongly preferred.
Closing Date: October 24, 2017 at 11:59 PM MT
If you have any questions about the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not apply to this email address; all applications should be made through our online system.
- SAIT is committed to Employment Equity and invites applications from all qualified applicants
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education