Tastemarket Cashier Counter Staff & Serving Assistants
School of Hospitality and Tourism
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. Now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
The School of Hospitality and Tourism consists of a dedicated team of professionals committed to delivering on SAIT’s promise of applied education and student success. With an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit, the school trains nearly 1,200 students each year in addition to operating six — soon-to-be seven — food and beverage outlets and North America’s only student-run travel centre.
Opening soon, The Tastemarket will be the school’s newest food and beverage outlet featuring four stations: charcuterie and bar, patisserie, flatbreads and a line with daily creations produced by student entrepreneurs. The Tastemarket will be a busy and vibrant hospitality enterprise located in downtown Calgary on Seventh Avenue.
The Tastemarket is now recruiting high-energy Cashier Counter Staff & Serving Assistants. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you enjoy working in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment and look forward to working with one of the top 50 hospitality schools in the world!
Note: These are temporary, casual hourly positions.
- Process daily transactions in food outlets and balance daily revenues.
- Provide exceptional customer service for all guests.
- Stocking of inventory.
- Perform general cleaning of work space.
- Assist with beverages and food service.
- Preparing alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages
- Deliver food from kitchens to guests, clear and sanitize tables/chairs
- Provide exceptional customer service for all guests
- Restocking supplies for restaurant areas
- Monitor the cleanliness of restaurant and ensure all materials and areas are clean and free from clutter
- Assess customer needs and preferences make recommendations on menu items.
- Ensure all products are processed in the POS system.
- Accurate cash handling, balancing and depositing at end of shift
- Comfortable handling food (food preparation and packaging)
- Follow all food safety standards and systems.
- Any additional duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 Diploma and previous cash experience in a high-volume service environment is preferred.
- Must have prior customer service experience within a food/retail environment.
- Must have basic knowledge of cash handling, skills on entry and experience in accurate cash operation.
- Ability to work in a high volume environment under pressure, maintaining accuracy with a pleasant and positive attitude.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Previous supervisory or team lead experience an asset.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to provide great customer service on a daily basis.
- WHMIS and Food Sanitation and Hygiene training considered an asset.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Please continue with the online application process through the SAIT careers website or Workopolis.com. Online applications are strongly preferred.
If you have any questions about the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not apply to this email address; all applications should be made through our online system.
- SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education