Team Lead, Human Resources Advisor
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. Now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
Employee Services provides strategic leadership in the areas of Human Resources, Talent Management, Organizational Development and Total Compensation. Being part of the Employee Services team means having an impact and doing something meaningful. Employee Services is undergoing significant business transformation, which is altering the way we deliver solutions and services to meet the evolving needs of a growing organization.
As the Team Lead, Human Resources Advisor you will provide value-added Human Resources (HR) services that support the strategic direction of the organization and will assist in positioning SAIT as an employer of choice. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, you will lead a team of HR Advisors to advise, develop and deliver HR strategies and projects using a multi-disciplinary approach. Through the lens of talent management, you will partner with client groups to implement and promote initiatives related to engagement, organizational effectiveness, employee and labour relations, performance management, learning and development and well-being. This is your opportunity to be a part of culture-shifting initiatives that positively influence the organization and build a foundation for employees, managers, and leaders.
- Lead and support the HR Advisors in providing exceptional service and building a high performance culture that inspires quality and continuous process improvement.
- Support HR Advisors in partnering with clients to achieve business objectives by identifying HR and organizational development opportunities.
- Help clients foster a culture of engagement and create an environment where every employee contributes to SAIT’s strategic plan.
- Ensure talent management drives the achievement of business goals through performance objective and development planning, performance calibration and talent development.
- Partner with leaders in shifting culture, driving change, enhancing organizational effectiveness and developing change management capability.
- Assist leaders and employees by resolving employee and labour relations concerns related to conflict resolution, performance management and grievance processes.
- Provide leadership and training to client groups for all Employee Services programs and initiatives.
- Participate in the development, maintenance and utilization of job evaluation systems.
- Continue to develop professionally and remain current in HR trends, legislation and best practices to ensure delivery of exceptional advice and counsel to clients and continued support of the evolution of Employee Services programs and services.
- Special Projects: accountabilities will include researching, creating, updating, communicating and managing programs or procedures associated with the special project.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Industrial Relations or related field required.
- Minimum 7-10 years HR Business Partner experience with a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Previous experience in a unionized enviornment
- A Chartered Professional in Human Resources designation (CPHR) completed or in progress is preferred.
Skills and Experience:
- Coaches others by providing feedback and expressing positive expectations for future performance and development.
- Must possess extensive knowledge in: HR and talent management best practices, labour and employee relations, HR policy development, employment legislation and regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership in change management.
- Experience implementing HR programs in a complex organizational environment.
- Proven ability to coach, partner, and influence leaders and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective interpersonal relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Possesses superior communication skills both written and verbal, as well as strong facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, establish alternatives, and determine the optimal course of action in the context of broader business strategies and objectives.
- Excellent decision-making ability with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently when necessary but also able to work collaboratively within the team.
Why Work at SAIT:
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Please continue with the online application process through the SAIT careers website or Workopolis.com. Online applications are strongly preferred.
Closing Date & Time: Open until incumbent found.
If you have any questions about the role please contact email@example.com. Please do not apply to this email address; all applications should be made through our online system.
- SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education.